Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: A classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is a recipe everyone needs to master baking! This easy recipe makes cookies that are thick and chewy, no thin or crispy! A perfect recipe for beginner bakers or simply those who want a thick cookie to dip into their coffee.
Need to make a flourless or gluten free chocolate chip cookie? Then make my Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.
TIPS WHEN MAKING THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
How do I get the chocolate chip cookies thick and chewy?
Chilled butter: chilling is key! When you use chilled fat and chill the dough, it inhibits spread. Then the cookies become thick in size.
Generous scooping: when scooping dough to be bake, be generous! At least 1/2 cup if not more
Equal parts white sugar and brown sugar: brown sugar has molasses, an inverted sugar, which helps with flavor and chewiness.
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, not chopped
1/2 cup (or 4oz) semi sweet chocolate chips / bar, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a standing kitchen mixer with the paddle, cream the 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Stop mixer and scrape. Turn mixer on low speed and slowly add the egg-vanilla. Stop and scrape again.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add to mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until just blended, 30 seconds.
- Hand mix in, with a spatula, the chocolate chips, chopped chocolate bar, and chopped walnuts.
- Chill the dough in the fridge, for at least 1 hr.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop cookie dough by the 1/2 cup (we want ’em thick!) Be generous.
- Place cookie dough on parchment-lined cookie tray. Slightly flatten the cookie dough. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway.
- Cool and eat!
- Use whatever chocolate you wish! All chips or all bar! Mix different varities.