Mixed Berry Pie Filling Recipe: This is one of the easiest pie filling recipes to make. Perfect for a beginner! Perfect for a berry lover! Perfect year-round because it uses frozen berries!
This recipe uses IQF fruit = individually frozen fruit. So…when berries were at its peak, they picked ’em, and frozen them.
QUESTIONS ON MAKING THE MIXED BERRY FILLING RECIPE
Q: Can I just use one berry?
A: Yes, go ahead!
Q: Can I use fresh fruit instead of frozen?
A: Yes, but proceed with caution. Fresh fruit is more delicate versus frozen fruit. Baking time will decrease. So, check your filling after 20-ish minutes
Q: What can I use this filling for?
A: Not just a pie recipe, turn this filling into a cobbler or crisp recipe. Need a pie crust recipe? Make my All Butter Pie Crust. Need a oat streusel recipe for a crisp? Make my Oat Streusel Recipe
Mixed Berry Pie Filling RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
6 cups frozen mixed berries
½ cup white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Zest of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground ginger (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until all the berries are coated evenly with the dry ingredients.
- Use! Fill your pie crust. Make a cobbler! Make crisp!
- Filling can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer.
- If storing in a freezer, place in an air tight container.
- Use whatever frozen berry you wish.