Healthy-ish Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe: Banana bread is a classic and the winner when it comes to comfort baking. This easy recipe is also on the healthy side: no oil! no butter! (yea, yea I know…) The richness comes from peanut butter and mashed bananas.
This is one banana bread recipe you will want to bake over and over again!
PRO TIPS: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- Always, always, use ripe bananas! Make sure they are brown on the outside
- Use whatever nuts you have on hand. Or even leave ’em out
- Use whatever nut butter you have on hand.
- This will take a while to bake: ensure the toothpick or paring knife comes out clean when you insert it. That means it is done.
- Need more chocolate-ness? Make my extra chocolate brownies!
Healthy-ish Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is a sample recipe card created using the Recipe Card Blocks plugin created by us.
2 medium bananas, ripe
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup coconut sugar (or white sugar or brown sugar)
3/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 oz (about 1/2 cup) chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- In a medium bowl, mash together with a fork: 2 bananas. Until nice and smooth.
- To the mashed bananas, add: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter., 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce and 1/4 cup coconut sugar. Mix with a spatula until blended
- Next, add 3/4 cup almond milk. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl: 2 cups all purpose flour, 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well with a spatula until blended.
- Add 4 oz chopped chocolate and 1/2 cup peanuts to the batter. Stir
- Grease a 9 inch by 3 inch loaf pan and line with parchment. Pour batter in. Top with 1 tbsp peanuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick or paring knife. If it comes out clean, then it is done baking. If it does not come out clean, bake for 5 more minutes and test again. Cool and enjoy!
- Chocolate and peanuts are optional but make it even better