4-Ingredient No Churn Marionberry Ice Cream: This crazy easy no churn (that means no fancy ice cream machine needed) marionberry ice-cream recipe will be your new summer favorite treat. It takes four pantry ingredients: coconut milk, frozen marionberries, salt, and white sugar. The best part about this ice cream recipe is it is 100% dairy free, gluten free, and absolutely delicious. Perfect for beginner ice-cream makers!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- Ingredients needed:
- 1 – 16 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) marionberries. I use frozen Remlinger Farms Marionberries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- Equipment needed:
- Loaf pan (like one you would make for banana bread)
- Parchment paper
- High speed blender
- Spatula and spoon
QUESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE NO CHURN ICE CREAM
Q: Do I need full fat coconut milk?
A: Yes! Avoid using light, or low fat coconut milk. You want the fat to add flavor to this ice cream
Q: What about other milk? Cow, almond or goat?
A: Ok ok, I never made ice cream with goat milk. I have made it with full fat cow’s milk with success. I have made it with almond milk with zero success because of the low fat content. My tip: make sure your recipe uses a full fat base.
Q: Can I subistutute marionberries?
A: Yes! Use whatever berry you have on hand. Fresh or frozen.
Q: Can I use another sweetener than sugar?
A: Yes, go ahead. Use honey, agave, etc. I like white can sugar because it is mild and I have it on hand.
Q: I don’t have a loaf pan, can I use something else?
A: Yes! Use any freezer safe container. If you use a standard loaf pan, the no churn ice cream will come up about half way. If you want a full loaf pan of no churn ice cream, double this recipe.
Q: What can I serve this ice cream with?
A: Make my cream cheese sugar cookies or chocolate crinkle cookies
Q: If I don’t churn it, won’t it turn icey?
A: Well, kinda. This ice cream won’t have the consistency like the traditional ice cream. It will be kinda like a slushy consistency. But! Still delicious and great for someone who does not have an ice cream maker. See below for an up-close of the no churn ice cream
Served this solo or with homemade cookies. The best choice: make ice cream sammies with this no-churn ice cream recipe! Perfect (and healthier) for your summer nights. Oh, add sprinkles! Nuts! Chocolate chunks!
4-Ingredient No Churn Marionberry Ice CreamCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 -16 oz full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup frozen marionberries
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
- In a high speed blender, place all ingredients.
- Blend on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides. Blend again for 2-3 minutes
- Pour into parchment lined loaf pan. Top with a few frozen marion berries. (optional) Freeze for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, stir it with a spoon. Place back in freezer and freeze for, at least, 1 more hour. Better if it is 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy solo or with cookies and sprinkles.