Classic White Cake Recipe: White cake is a classic, soft and tender vanilla cake that compliments any frosting. This easy recipe is perfect for beginners of all baking levels.
Turn this white cake recipe into cupcakes! Frosted cake! Mini cupcakes! Whatever you are celebrating, this recipe will make it even sweeter.
TIPS WHEN BAKING WHITE CAKE RECIPE
- Use a neutral-flavored oil: canola or veg is your best bet. Avoid olive oils and coconut oils
- Mix until JUST combined. Avoid over mixing because it causes a misshaped and tough cake and cupcakes
- Grease your baking pans with real oil or soft butter. A non-aerosol spray is a great option, but avoid any aerosol sprays because they leave a film on pans over time.
- Use full-fat milk, or buttermilk, for the best flavor. If you use a milk alternative, it will not come out as rich in flavor.
- Craving something on the chocolate side? Bake these chocolate cupcakes!
- Need a vegan white cupcake recipe? Make these from Nora Cooks
Classic White Cake RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
18 inch round / 3 inch deep
2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup veg oil (or another netural oil)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (butter or non-aerosol spray) and parchment paper line your cake pan.
- In a standing kitchen mixer bowl, add: 3/4 cup veg oil, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 cups milk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift: 2 cups sugar, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Turn mixer on low. Slowly, by the 1/2 cup, add the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- After time is done, check the cake. If a tooth pick or paring knife comes out clean, when inserted, it is done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and repeat.
- Cool completely before frosting, at least 2-3 hours.
- I used a 8 inch round / 3 inch deep cake pan, used by most baking professionals. Most cake pans you see are only 2 inch deep. You can make 3 layers by using 2 – 8 inch / 2 inch deep pans. Fill one half way, and fill one 3/4 full.
- It is best to use a full falt milk in this recipe. Fat = flavor and color. Using a dairy free option? Go ahead, but the cake may turn out a bit unmoist.