Classic Banana Bread Recipe: Banana bread is a true classic baking recipe. It is a quick bread, so….it is leavened by baking soda, not yeast. Breads like these make it super easy to enjoy something sweet quickly.
Use this recipe as a base: add chocolate! add nuts! add more cinnamon if you wish!
QUESTIONS ON MAKING BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Q: My bananas are not ripe, what do I do?
A: Put ’em in a brown bag for a couple days. You want ripe bananas = more flavor
Q: I do not have yogurt, what else can I use?
A: For this recipe, stick with yogurt. I like a low sugar yogurt, vanilla flavored yogurt
Q: My banana bread came out gummy!
A: There is a good chance you added TOO MUCH banana. This cause it float to the bottom and not really get baked. Next time, use slightly less bananas.
Q: What else can I add to it?
A: Chopped nuts! Chopped chocolate! Add my oat streusel topping on top
Want a new twist on banana bread? Bake my healthy chocolate peanut butter banana bread! Low sugar and no oil, too.
Classic Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3 medium ripe bananas (about 2 cups), mashed
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt)
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a medium bowl, with a fork, mash 3 bananas until smooth.
- To the bowl, add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 stick melted butter. Whisk with a whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside
- Sift together in another bowl: 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup white sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Add to wet ingredients. Stir with spatula until blended.
- Grease a 9 inch by 3 inch loaf pan, line with parchment paper. Pour batter in.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Insert a tooth pick or paring knife after time is done. If it is clean, it is done! If not, bake for 5 more minutes and test again.
- Cool and enjoy.