This Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti recipe is so easy to make and perfect for the holiday season. It is coated with dark chocolate and is perfect to satisfy any sweet tooth craving. Enjoy the chocolate pistachio biscotti with coffee or tea. The best part: you can easily modify this recipe and add any nuts or ingredients you wish!
What is biscotti?
Biscotti is a twice-baked cookie that is crispy! It contains a smaller amount of butter, so it won’t be as soft as a normal dropped cookie, like a sugar cookie. The crisp texture is perfect for dunking it into hot coffee, tea, or even wine.
The best part is: You can really add whatever ingredients you have on hand to it. Think dried fruit! Chopped nuts! Chopped chocolate!
Just make sure you chop whatever ingredients you have into small 1/4 inch – 1/2 inch pieces.
Other popular options: dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, dried apricots, white chocolate, and espresso powder.
How do I dip the biscotti in chocolate?
Melt: 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening in a large bowl. Place it over a water bath (AKA bain marie). Heat over medium heat. Stir constantly.
Dip one end of the biscotti and place it on a parchment line cookie tray. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Chill on room temp until firm.
Why twice baked?
To make it extra crispy!
After the dough is formed, shape it into two long logs. There is no exact rule of measurement. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
Using a serrated knife, cut into 1 inch. Place on the flat side on a parchment-lined cookie tray. Bake again for 30 minutes. Cool.
Steps in making chocolate pistachio biscotti
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Cream until blended.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add slowly until just mixed.
- Chop the chocolate and pistachios. Add.
- Shape the dough into two logs. Place on a parchment-lined cookie tray
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- On a cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut the logs into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the cookie on the flat side down on the cookie tray.
- Bake again for 30 minutes
- Cool. Dip in chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios.
Need more cookie recipes?
- Make my Cream Cheese Sugar Cut Outs Cookies
- Make my soft Gingerbread Drop Cookies
- Need a vegan biscotti recipe? Make this Vegan Biscotti from Loving it Vegan
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti | Easy RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 tablespoons unsalted, softened butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup chopped unsalted, shelled pistachios
- Coating Chocolate
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate bar)
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- In a standing kitchen mixer, cream the softened butter and white sugar on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Cream for 10 minutes and until light and fluffy. Scrape down with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add to the butter and sugar mixture. Scrape down with a spatula. Stop mixer.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add. Mix until just blended.
- Add the chopped pistachios and chopped chocolate. Mix until just blended.
- Shape the dough into two long logs. Place on parchment-lined cookie tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into one-inch pieces on a cutting board with a serrated knife.
- Place on the flat side of the parchment-lined cookie tray. Bake again for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening. Heat a small amount of water in a medium-size saucepan, over medium heat. Place bowl on top and stir constantly until melted.
Dip one side of the biscotti in the chocolate. Place on parchment-lined cookie tray. Add chopped pistachios.
Let cool at room temp. Enjoy!