Best pumpkin bread recipe: It combines pumpkin, an oat streusel topping, and hints of cinnamon. Pumpkin bread is soft, moist, and can be happily consumed year-round. This recipe combines a buttery-cinnamon-sugar mixture into a classic pumpkin bread batter recipe. Keep this as your new go-to recipe!
QUESTIONS ABOUT PUMPKIN BREAD
What’s pumpkin bread?
It is very similar to banana bread. A soft cake. The recipe is made kinda the same: Wet ingredients are in a bowl. Dry ingredients is sifted in another bowl. Then both are mixed together. It is very popular in the fall season…but it can be baked year-round.
Do I use canned pumpkin puree?
Yup! Go ahead and use canned. Do not use pumpkin pie puree, which has other ingredients to it.
Can I freeze it?
Of course! That is the best reason to bake pumpkin bread (or banana bread). Make it, bake it, let it cool, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and freeze.
How to make the best ever pumpkin bread:
- Make my classic oat streusel recipe and set it aside
- Grease and line a loaf pan
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir
- Mix melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl. Add some of the pumpkin batter and stir
- Pour plain pumpkin batter into a loaf pan
- Swirl the cinnamon-sugar pumpkin batter on top of the loaf
- Top with streusel and bake
QUESTIONS ABOUT MAKING PUMPKIN BREAD
Can I skip the melted butter-sugar-cinnamon step?
Yes, you can. Then add 1 tbsp ground cinnamon to the pumpkin batter.
How do I test when the pumpkin bread is done?
Insert a tooth pick, or paring knife, into the center of the loaf pan. If it comes out clean, it is done. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and test again.
Can I skip oat streusel?
Yes. It’ll still be delicious.
The BEST Pumpkin Bread | Starbucks – Worthy!Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup veg oil (or any neutral oil)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon melted butter
- Butter-Cinnamon-Sugar Mix
3 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and parchment paper-line a standard loaf pan (9 inch x 4 inch)
- Make an oat streusel recipe and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients: 1/2 cup veg oil, 2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 2 tbsp melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients: 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Add wet ingredients and stir until uniform.
- Make butter- cinnamon-sugar mixture: mix all in a small bowl. Add about 1/2 cup of the pumpkin batter. Stir
- Pour the remaining pumpkin batter into the greased loaf pan. Top with the butter-cinnamon-sugar pumpkin batter mixture. Make swirls with a paring knife.
- Top with oat streusel
- Bake for approx. 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!