All Butter Pie Crust Recipe: A homemade pie crust is easier than you think! It takes pantry ingredients and elevates a pie. Feel free to use your own hands or a food processor when making this pie crust recipe. Why all butter? It was the best flavor and truly melts in your mouth.
QUESTIONS WHEN MAKING HOMEMADE PIE CRUST
Q: Can I use veg shortening?
A: I would not recommend it for this recipe. Stick with all butter
Q: How do I make it in a food processor?
A: Add all dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse until clumps form. Stop. Add water slowly. Pulse again until a dough forms. Add more water as needed.
Q: Can I subsitute gluten free flour?
A: Yes you can!
Q: Can I freeze the dough?
A: Yes, you can freeze the dough itself or you can freeze a pie dough that is rolled out, and covers a pie pan.
WHY MAKE THIS ALL BUTTER PIE CRUST RECIPE
All butter = best flavor for your pie crusts! Butter adds color, richness, and flavor to your crust.
Homemade pie crust is fairly simple and a great beginnier baker recipe. With the holidays right around the corner, this is one recipe you can use over and over again.
Make this for sweet or savory pies! Make my chicken pot pie recipe
Need a vegan pie crust recipe? Make this one from Nora Cooks.
All Butter Pie CrustCourse: Dessert, Pie, Pie CrustCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup (16 tbsp) chilled, cubed, unsalted butter
Approx. 1/2 cup chilled ice water
- Sift dry ingredients in a medium bowl: 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon white sugar, and 2 teaspoon salt
- ‘Cut’ in the cubed butter into the dry ingredients. Simply, rub the butter between the ingredients until the butter is the size of peas.
- Add chilled water 1 tbsp at a time. Use a bowl scrapper or spatula to stir while adding the chilled water. Add enough water until a dough forms.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let chill, in the fridge, for 2 hours before using.
- Pastry cutters are optional. I like to use my hands, they are the best tools.