Why waste time on complicated desserts? The 4th of July is meant for sunshine, good food, and taking a break. The dessert below are meant for all celebrations!
These 2 ingredient ice cream sandwich come with a shortcut. Store-bought ice cream sammies. Yup, I said it. Everyone gets crazy busy in the summer. Oh, and home ice-cream sandwich recipes are very labor-intensive.
Additionally, I have linked some other easy-peasy recipes in case you need variety. Don’t we all??
QUESTIONS | 2 – INGREDIENT ICE CREAM SANDWICH
What brand of ice cream sandwiches did you buy?
I purchased Ruby Jewel chocolate chip ice cream sandwich. The company focuses on natural and locally sourced ingredients from food artists and farmers in the Pacific Northwest.
Yes, these contain dairy, wheat, and gluten. Don’t worry, it is rBST-free milk and cream!
Can I make my own cookies and ice cream?
Go ahead! Make your own cookies and buy, or even make, your favorite ice cream flavor.
Need cookie ideas? Make my:
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Cookie
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie
How do you soften ice cream, if I make mine homemade?
Leave the ice cream container in the fridge for 15 minutes. Next, put in a standing kitchen mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until soft, only 2-3 minutes on low speed. Now, line a cookie tray with plastic wrap. Press the ice cream into it, and make it 1 inch thick. Freeze until firm, 1-2 hours. Using a round cookie cutter, or the top of a drinking glass, cut out the ice cream.
If that is too hard, just leave the ice cream on the kitchen counter for 15 minutes until it is scoopable. Weather too hot? You will need less time, 5-10 minutes. Weather too cold? You will need more time, 20-25 minutes.
Who is this recipe for?
Perfect for beginner bakers OR anyone in a time crunch. Parents! Busy adults! People who just love ice cream!
What are other 4th of July desserts are popular?
TIP FOR MAKING AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- Remove your pre-made ice cream sandwich from the freezer 15 minutes prior to the sprinkles. Leave it in the package.
- Add the sprinkles over a large plate. Or else, you will have sprinkles everywhere!
- Use up your leftover sprinkles! Honestly, this is a great way to clean out any old and unused sprinkles you have in your pantry.
3 EASY STEPS FOR MAKING IT
FIRST: Remove the ice cream sandwich from the packaging. Place it on a plate and leave on your kitchen counter for 15 minutes. You want it slightly soft.
SECOND: Put your favorite sprinkles in a small round dish. In one hand, hold the ice cream sandwich. On the other hand, pour the sprinkles onto the ice cream part only. Some sprinkles will fall down.
THIRD: Press any remaining sprinkles with your fingers. Add as many sprinkles as you want! Eat and enjoy. This recipe can easily be doubled…or tripled!
2 Ingredients Ice Cream Sammies | Plus More for 4th of JulyCourse: Baking Basic Recipes, Special Dessert RecipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 Pre-made ice cream sandwich, your choice
Sprinkles, any variety
- Remove the ice cream sandwich from the packaging. Place it on a plate and leave on your kitchen counter for 15 minutes. You want it slightly soft.
- Put your favorite sprinkles in a small round dish. In one hand, hold the ice cream sandwich. In the other hand, pour the sprinkles onto the ice cream part only. Some sprinkles will fall down.
- Press any remaining sprinkles with your fingers. Add as many sprinkles as you want! Eat and enjoy
- This recipe can easily be doubled…or tripled!